LAST UPDATED: 09/21/2023
Conflict Between This Policy and Local Laws and Regulations
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”), including:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, phone number;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing/search history, IP address, data collected by cookies and similar technologies, device information such as device IDs, specifications, and operating system;
- Geolocation data such as non-precise geographic location indicators when you use our Sites;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as email correspondence or chat transcripts;
- Professional or employment information such as employer, occupation, field of service, work experience; and
- Your interests such as the newsletters or topics you signed up for on the Sites.
The type of Personal Information we collect about you may vary based on how you use our Sites and your relationship with us and may also include any information you voluntarily provide us.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect information in connection with the actions you take on our Sites (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you use our Sites, we may collect the type of web browser you use, the type of device you use, your device ID, your operating system and version, your IP address, your internet service provider, the pages you view, referring and exit pages, the date and time of your visit, and the number of clicks to, from, and within our Sites, and the duration of your visits to our Sites. Among other things, this data helps us estimate our audience size and usage patterns, recognize you when you return to our Sites, store information about your preferences, customize our Sites according to your interests, and speed up your searches. If we can associate this data with you, directly or indirectly, we treat it as Personal Information under the categories of Identifiers or Internet or other electronic network information, as appropriate. If we cannot associate this data with you, we treat it as Usage Data.
We may record calls and retain the content of text messages, chat transcripts, or other written or electronic communications between you and us. By communicating with us, you consent to our recording and retention of communications.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may ask you to provide us Personal Information when you communicate with us, including through web forms. You are not required to provide your Personal Information; however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some of the features of our Sites or we may not be able to fulfill your requested interaction.
Cookies and Automated Tools
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are essential to operate the Sites and provide you with services you have requested.
- Functional: These cookies enable certain features or non-essential functionality on our Sites. For example, we might use these cookies to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our Sites so we can provide you with a more personalized experience.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies help us and our service providers understand how our Sites are working and who is visiting our Sites.
We also use tools that enable us to track certain aspects of a user’s visit to our Sites. These tools help us better manage content on our Sites by informing us what content is effective, how consumers engage with our Sites, and how consumers arrive at and/or depart from our Sites. We may associate user activity information with additional information about a user’s session and Personal Information, if provided by the user.
Managing cookie preferences
You can set your cookie preferences at any time directly by changing the settings on your browser:
If your browser is not listed here, you can find out how to manage cookies by consulting the documentation provided by your browser manufacturer. You may also consult your mobile device documentation for information on how to disable cookies on your mobile device.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for business purposes, such as to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Sites;
- Facilitate or fulfill the information, products, or services you requested;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide employment-related information;
- Operate information security and anti-fraud programs;
- Perform business operations, including analytics, the improvement of our Sites, conduct surveys and for other normal business activities; and
- Respond to governmental and other legal requests
We may also use Personal Information as described to you at the point of collection, with your consent, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
We may provide your Personal Information to other businesses who provide services on our behalf (“Service Providers”). Categories of service providers we may use include but are not limited to:
- Fulfillment and communications vendors, which help us maintain the Sites or provide products, services, and information to you;
- Research and development vendors, which help us develop and improve our products and services, including the Sites;
- Data and business analytics vendors, which help us collect, analyze, and improve the accuracy of our data (including Personal Information);
- IT and network administration vendors, which provide services such as data storage and management, website hosting, and data security;
- Professional service firms, which provide accounting, legal, auditing, employment, and other professional services; and
- General service providers, which help us with day-to-day business operations such as office support services, courier services, facilities management, and document destruction.
We may disclose your Personal Information to affiliates or other third parties, which may use it for their everyday business purposes.
We may also disclose your Personal Information for purposes such as:
- To comply with the law;
- To respond to legal requests (including court orders, investigative demands, and subpoenas) if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate;
- To prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity;
- To protect the safety, property, or rights of ourselves, consumers, or any other third party;
- If we are merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, or transfer of some or all of our assets and the disclosure is necessary to complete the transaction; and
- For additional purposes with your consent where such consent is required by law.
Links and Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that if you access these links, you will be leaving our site. We encourage users to read the privacy policies of those sites, as we are not responsible for their content, links, or privacy procedures.
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration. Accordingly, we employ commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use. Even with these safeguards, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Sites, you do so at your own risk.
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect or disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our records. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and have questions, please contact us.
CALIFORNIA “DO NOT TRACK” DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a web browser privacy preference that causes the web browser to broadcast a signal to websites requesting that a user’s activity not be tracked. Currently, our Sites do not respond to “do not track” signals.